Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ady's Acid Reflux

We took Ady to the doctor on Saturday morning (our clinic sees patients on Sat and Sun, which is awesome!!) as her fussiness with eating did not subside with the elimination of dairy in my diet. They put her on medication and also told us that we need to use Nutramigin formula (which is a hypoallergenic formula costing $25 for a small can!!) for her supplemental bottles. She seems to be doing better, but the medication wears off before she is due to have more. They said if it didn't work for the next week, that they will prescribe a stronger medication, which we are going to call and have them do.

We are working on getting her on more of a schedule with eating and sleeping. Up to this point, it has been hit and miss with both. She likes to just graze all day and night only taking 1 or 1.5 ounces at a time and taking short cap naps every time she eats. She has been waking up every 2 hours at night to eat, which is exhausting! I have started using the pacifier more and increasing the time in between her feedings. She did finally take 4 ozs today at one time, which is the first time.

She has definitely been a challenge for me and this family. I thank God for my mom (who left us on Monday) because I don't think I would have made it through Ady's first 6 weeks without her!

No comments: