Friday, April 16, 2010

Kids say the darndest things...

Ady is starting to talk in sentences already.  She has amazed us from the beginning with her "skills."  Her words are becoming more clear everyday and she is using them more instead of just screaming.  She still gets frustrated pretty easily especially since she can't quite communicate how she wants.  I feel badly for her and have to remember to be patient with her...she is learning!  Her first real sentence was last Sunday morning and she said, "Daddy, will you go get my blanket, please?"  We were shocked!

So Will has been so funny lately with the questions and things he says.  I was making dinner last night and he came in and said he was mad and that Ady needed a timeout.  I asked him why and he said, "Ady went upstairs and I wasn't done playing chase yet.  She needs a timeout for not playing with me."  I just cracked up...and then had the conversation about why they get timeouts and how she can make her own decisions about playing and that he needs to get used to the idea of her making her own decisions just like he does.  I don't think he got it, but it made for a good story!

No comments: