Sunday, May 18, 2008

Addie's first few days at home...

Addie has been such a good baby. She is growing and changing daily. We took her to the doctor on Friday for her checkup and she had already gained an ounce in less than 24 hours. They were very pleased and want to see her back for a weight check in 2 weeks.

She has been eating like such a champ. She nurses about every 2-4 hours and usually for about 45 minutes to an hour. She has quite the appetite. She has been sleeping really well at night. I usually get up with her around midnight or one and then again around 4 or 5. Last night she slept from 8:00 until 1:00 which was really nice. I have been getting some pretty good rest at night and today took my first nap during the day.

I can't imagine doing this without any help here. I feel like all I get done is feeding Addie and trying to spend time with Will. I haven't had to worry about cooking or anything which is nice. I am not sure how this is going to work when my mom is gone and Brad goes back to working downtown. It is going to be a huge adjustment for the entire family. I just want to make sure that I spend enough time with Will and also get everything else done. It has been so hard to not pick him up. I can't wait to heal a little more and be able to do normal daily activities (and also be out of pain and be able to sleep comfortably).

No comments: