Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Baby Scoop

Well, I visited the doctor on Friday afternoon (we had reschedule from Wednesday). As I sat on the table I shared some concerns of going in to labor early with my provider (a new doctor that I had not seen yet) and he gave me the standard, "just because your first baby was early, doesn't mean this one will be, so you should be fine," speech. I told him that I have been having some pretty intense contractions in the last week and he said "false labor" to get me ready.

Then, as he was checking me, he said, "oh my goodness, the head is really far down!" He quickly changed his tune and said you better have your bags packed and back up plan ready. I am dialated to 2 cm already and still having random contractions. Nothing regular yet. He indicated that I probably have another week or so, but to be prepared about the first week in May. I go back again next week to be checked.

SO, we are on high alert at our house!! I couldn't sleep a wink last night....all I could think about was 38 weeks....38 weeks....(that is when the doctor said I would probably go into labor...so about another week). Today I am getting things finalized around here and getting my bag ready to go. My mom also decided to come early this week (thank goodness!!) to help out. It is getting harder to chase Will all over the house and he has been sick, so he is extra needy right now. I am starting to get exhausted....it is funny how everyone tells you to get rest...it is easy to say, but with a curious toddler at home and when you are the size of a whale, it is hard to get good sleep!

We will keep you posted!!

1 comment:

Rindie said...

YEAH! So exciting!! :) Take it easy and let us know if we can do anything. We are just down the street. :)
I am so excited for you and I know everything will go great.