Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tender Moments to Cherish

Will wasn't feeling very well yesterday and just kind of had a punky day. He just wanted to sit in my lap and cuddle....which I love, not that he is sick, but because I don't get those moments very often anymore. Anyway, last night, Will woke up in the night crying at 12:30. Brad got up and consoled him and came back to bed. Brad was fast asleep again, but Will was still kind of whimpering. He had that "I just don't feel good and I want my mommy" cry. I went and got him some warm milk and got some Motrin. I took him out of his crib and we were laying on his bed and I was stroking his hair, face, arms and just cuddling with him. I stopped stroking him and was just laying there looking at him, when he looked up at me and started stroking my face, my hair and my arm. I just melted. He is such an amazing and loving boy.

It these little moments that make getting up at 1:00 am all worth while. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world!!

No comments: